Selenium (60 CT)
Selenium – 60 Vegetarian Capsules in a glass bottle
Vegan-Friendly Selenium Made From Organic Mustard Seed
Our selenium supplement is extracted from 100% certified organic mustard seed. Highly bioavailable and vegan-friendly, this essential trace mineral functions as a powerful antioxidant and supports a healthy thyroid and immune system.
Ingredients: Selenium (from certified organic mustard seed extract)
Selenium is an essential trace element that’s essential for many body functions, including thyroid and immune system support.
- Organic Gum Acacia
Added as a flow agent, Global Healing Center revolutionized the supplement industry by refusing to use toxic fillers, binders and excipients like magnesium stearate. Dr. Group researched many substances and tested all natural approaches and found organic acacia gum to be the superior option.
- Kosher Certified Vegetarian Capsules
Kosher certified vegetarian capsules are used instead of standard drug capsules that are composed of protein sourced from bovine, porcine, equine, and even fish.
† Results may vary.
Selenium is an essential trace mineral that supports a healthy body in many ways. It’s critical for the thyroid gland, supports the immune system, is essential for metabolic pathways, and soothes redness and swelling in the body. It’s even important for reproductive health, DNA production, and eyesight.
As an antioxidant, it helps fight free radicals and might even be called a super antioxidant because it supports other antioxidants.
One of its most valuable roles is supporting the production of glutathione peroxidase, a critical antioxidant enzyme that protects the thyroid and even helps recycle vitamin E and vitamin C into active scavengers of free radicals.
Global Healing Center’s high-potency selenium capsules are made from 100% certified organic mustard seeds and each serving delivers 200 mcg of food-derived, vegan-friendly selenium for a highly bioavailable source your body can use.
1. Powerful Antioxidant
Selenium is an antioxidant that defends against the free radicals that damage cells and lead to premature aging. Selenium’s antioxidant status also supports the immune system by helping to create important antibodies.
2. Thyroid Support
Like iodine, selenium is important for normal thyroid function. It’s necessary for the production of thyroid hormones; a selenium deficiency can negatively affect hormone balance and thyroid function. Selenium’s antioxidant action also helps protect the thyroid from free radicals.
3. Cardiovascular Health
Normal cardiovascular health requires adequate selenium. Selenium can benefit heart health by soothing oxidative stress and supporting normal circulation.
4. Food-Sourced Formula
Nearly every other selenium supplement on the market is produced with synthetic selenium. Global Healing Center’s selenium extract is different. It’s a whole food form of selenium extracted from certified organic mustard seeds. Food sources allow for faster and easier absorption. Each high-potency capsule delivers 200 mcg of highly bioavailable, organically sourced selenium.
5. Unparalleled Quality
Global Healing Center’s readily absorbable selenium formula is made in the USA from globally sourced ingredients at a state of the art manufacturing facility equipped with all modern equipment that adheres to cGMP guidelines and has achieved ISO 22000 certification — the highest in food safety.
- Soil levels can vary dramatically from one region to the next. Generally, people who live in areas with high selenium levels in the soil enjoy better health.
- Foods reputed to be good sources of selenium include Brazil Nuts, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, garlic, grains, sunflower seeds, walnuts, raisins, and seafood.
- A single Brazil nut provides enough selenium to meet the daily requirement for an adult.
- Water is not a significant source of selenium.
- A number of serious health conditions are associated with low selenium levels.
- Selenium concentrations decline with age.
- Selenium deficiency might be associated with a drop in brain function.
- Selenium is more concentrated in the thyroid than any other area of the body.
- Selenium is one of the body’s primary antioxidant enzymes and protects normal cell function by scavenging harmful free radicals.
- Supports normal thyroid and immune function in healthy individuals.
- Has a binding effect to help detoxify metals from the body.
- Encourages normal oxygen levels in the heart.
- Reduces redness and swelling.
- Supports healthy bones and joints.
- Required for the production of prostaglandins that promote healthy blood flow.
- In synergy with vitamin E, selenium supports energy producing cells